Gap Year Australia Logo

about GYTG | contact our team  

Twin Work & Volunteer
Offer internship placements in Australia

more companies...
[+] Travellers Worldwide
Sport Lived
Twin Work & Volunteer

Call Centre Agent

Are you young? Aspiring life? Want to achieve in this life the most? Well may carry stressful sit...
Gap Year Australia :: Can I use my bank or credit card there?

Can I use my bank or credit card there?

Yes. Australia’s cash machines (ATMs) accept the international Cirrus, Plus and Visa card networks. Most banks in the UK issue these as cash cards so you shouldn’t have any problems, however it’s always best to check with your bank before you leave to guarantee that you will be able to use your account abroad. Most of the major credit cards are widely accepted and taking a credit card is recommended, just in case! You should also check with your bank to see if you will be charged for withdrawing money overseas.

Other Questions...

Can I claim my tax back after I leave?
What’s the public transport like in the big cities?
How much is a beer?
How much can I expect to get paid?
How much do hostels cost?

view all questions >



    © Gap Year Travel Guide 2011